Opportunity Poland – a non-profit initiative group which aims to gain new foreign investments for Poland and create positive image of Poland in Europe.
The idea was born in Cannes during International MIPIM Fairs 2003 when Von der Heyden Group initiated activities to improve Poland’s competitive position abroad. The idea met the support of the Association of the Polish Cities at the end of 2003. In the mid February of 2004 Opportunity Poland was born into being. It was formed by internationally recognized companies mainly connected with real estate market in February 2004.
Among its members there are such companies as:
CMS Cameron McKenna
Ernst & Young
G. I. Probuild
Von der Heyden Group
Związek Miast Polskich.
First step will be taken by Opportunity Poland during the MIPIM Fairs 2004 when companies will organize a Polish discussion panel: “MAY we invite you to Poland?” with participation of the following panelists:
1. Mr Sven von der Heyden – moderator – Chairman Von der Heyden Group
2. Mr Paweł Dębowski – Head of Real Estate & Construction Department, Managing Partner CMS Cameron McKenna
3. Mr Mieczysław Godzisz – Managing Director, Hines Poland
4. Mr Marek Grodek – Advocate, Head of Real Estate Group, Partner Salans Poland
5. Mr Michael de Jong-Douglas – First Vice President Country Officer Central & Eastern Europe Prologis
6. Mrs Jolanta Nowakowska-Zimoch – Advocate, Partner Lovells Poland
7. Mr Witold M. Orłowski – prof. of economics, chief economic advisor to the President of Poland, consultant to the World Bank, EBRD, FAO and the European Commission
8. Mr Remigiusz Paszkiewicz – Head of the President’s Cabinet, National Bank of Poland
9. Mr Mike Pearce – EC Harris – Managing Director Poland
10. Mr Łukasz Ziółek – Senior Tax Manager, Ernst & Young Poland.
After MIPIM Fairs 2004, Opportunity Poland will be transformed into an Association that will be independent, free of any particular influence and exclusively used to promote Poland, to improve the awareness abroad and create positive atmosphere around Poland abroad.